Think about your favourite brands, Apple, Range Rover, Patek Philippe. What words or phrases spring to mind? “Luxury” “quality” and “premium?” Those positive associations are called branding.
Branding isn’t just for companies, you have a brand too. When people see or hear your name, they make associations also. Building your name is important it deserves your time and care;
- Build a good name by living to a core set of values
- Keep your name clean by being a considerate decision maker
- Don’t make compromises in those core values EVER
- Don’t worry about making money or being successful that will come as a result of your good name
- Be concerned with doing good work at all times, if it is worth doing it is worth doing well
If you do the above you can build a good name, eventually that name will be your currency. A good name is the best calling card; before you even speak, your name communicates that your voice is one to be listened to and respected.