- When I look at my schedule and it is full of meetings, other people are wasting my time!
- When I am queueing in a shop and I am in a hurry I am cursing the people in front of me
- When I come back from a holiday to a mountain of emails, how can these people send so much email?
- On my 6th Zoom of the day, ugh, who scheduled so many meetings?
- When I am stuck in traffic and I look around at all the drivers in their cars they are in my way
We are not in traffic, we are traffic. We all help create the problem we curse. The only thing we can control is our contribution and how we react to it.
- I can schedule less meetings and make the ones I participate in more valuable
- I can make only necessary trips to the shops and when I cannot avoid it, just relax and be polite
- I can send less email, put an out of office message and be better at sending clearer messages
- I can schedule non video zooms and encourage the same with others